Testing is one of the critical aspects during the integration phase while you are developing your code, discovering Payrails' payment processing features, or ensuring your configurations are working as expected.
Payrails provides a testing feature in the Portal in order to simulate real-life scenarios by creating test payments. It enables:
- Testing provider configurations: You can test the configuration for each provider to ensure it is working properly.
- Simulating dynamic payment options: You can test which payment options are displayed to your customers on your checkout page depending on your configurations.
- Simulating dynamic routing: You can test which provider is selected to route the payment depending on your configurations.
- Testing payment scenarios: You can test payments to test scenarios such as authorizing by card brand or country, failure scenarios such as declines, fraud or invalid data, or authentication with 3D Secure.
- Login to the Portal and go to the Test Payments page.
- The system will generate a unique merchant reference and holder reference each time when you open the page so that you can investigate further details of the payment after.
- You can also set these reference values yourself by replacing the auto-generated values. This is useful when you want to use the same holder reference for multiple payments or want to list the saved cards of a particular holder.
- You can add meta fields to your payment context in order to simulate your dynamic payment options or dynamic routing configurations.
- After you input the fields, you can start the test and it will load the Payrails Drop-in on the page for you to list available payment methods and saved cards, pay with configured alternative payment methods or by entering card details, and save a new card.
- After you select the payment method to pay, the payment will be completed and you will be able to see the result and details of the payment on the Executions and Payments pages.
Updated 4 months ago