Accepting card payments is essential for any online business, as it allows customers to make transactions quickly and securely. Payrails simplifies the process of accepting card payments, providing a seamless experience for both you and your customers. This guide will walk you through the steps to integrate card payments into your app or website using Payrails, ensuring a smooth and reliable transaction process.
Before you start accepting card payments with Payrails, there are a few requirements you must meet:
- Sign up for a Payrails account and complete the onboarding process.
- Obtain the necessary API keys and credentials for Payrails and your PSPs.
- Configure your PSP connections in the Payrails Portal.
Payrails offers two main integration types for accepting card payments, each with its own set of advantages:
Payrails provides a hosted payment page, which is a fully customizable and responsive payment form hosted on our secure servers. This option is perfect for businesses that want to offer a seamless payment experience without the need to handle sensitive card information directly.
- Reduces your PCI-DSS compliance scope.
- Provides a customizable and responsive payment form.
- Minimizes the need for complex front-end development.
- Configure the hosted payment page settings in your Payrails dashboard.
- Redirect customers to the hosted payment page URL when they initiate a payment.
- Handle the response from Payrails after the transaction is completed.
Payrails also provides an API integration option, which allows you to build a fully custom payment form within your app or website. This option requires a higher level of PCI-DSS compliance but offers more flexibility and control over the payment experience.
- Complete control over the payment form's design and functionality.
- Enables seamless integration with your existing user interface.
- Provides more flexibility in handling payment-related events and actions.
- Collect card information from the customer using a secure payment form on your app or website.
- Tokenize the card data using the Payrails SDK or API, which securely sends the data to Payrails and returns a token.
- Use the token to process the payment through the Payrails API, specifying the desired PSP and transaction details.
- Handle the response from Payrails to confirm the transaction's success or handle any errors.
Choose the integration type that best suits your business needs and follow the appropriate steps to start accepting card payments with Payrails.
Updated 5 months ago